This year’s GSoC has ended.
My project was to develop new OpenGL profiling view for QApitrace to accompany profiling backends and custom metrics support for Apitrace added last year.
Unfortunately, I was not able to completely finish the project. Some features are still missing, and I haven’t received much feedback on the whole thing yet. Nevertheless, profiling GUI is pretty much usable at the moment and can be found under the links below:
Link to frozen repository (@ GSoC end): https://github.com/trtt/apitrace/commits/guigsoc
Link to working repository (to be updated): https://github.com/trtt/apitrace/commits/guiwip2
(Note: compilation is the same as for Apitrace with GUI; new profiling view can be found in the menu (Trace -> Profile with backends))
I’ll continue the work on the project and try merging as soon as it’s feature complete and there is enough feedback.
What is done:
- New metrics support (new ones are most likely to be found on Mesa for Intel gen 5-8, Nouveau, also proprietary AMD drivers can features some) via metric selection interface
- Drawcalls profiling view: graph view (timelines, histograms for metrics) with OpenGL acceleration; table raw metric data view (with sorting/grouping)
- Basic UI interactions (range selection, zooming, scrolling etc.)
What is left to do:
- Frame metrics view
- Statistics pane
- Interactions between graph view and table view
- Quality of life UI additions
- Some performance tuning